Good Memories Remains Forever - Coping with Grief and loss

 


Good Memories Remains Forever

(Coping with Grief and loss)

Family members were at home during the pandemic and enjoying as family.Couples stayed at home with love but sometimes with friction. Marriage encounter weekend programmestopped due to pandemic and the continuous lockdown even the message of keeping distance. Is there any possibilityof couple to keep distance? The corona virus made couples to keep physical distance and relationships too. The loss of beloved ones at home rally made us to grief. You know very well the loss of loved oneshurts very much in our families. Still there is hope for overcoming our sorrows and loss of pain with help of relatives and friends. 

Sudden loss is shocking and difficult to comprehend:I would like to narrate about two persons lives that caused pain and sorrow, first one is my elder brother and other person my priest friend. Both of them died on the road accidents. Recently l lostmy elder brother on the road accident.This was unexpected situation at home. It was very difficult for us to accept that he is no more with our family. He was taking care and looked after everything at home.  We loved him verymuch whenever there were holidays and important celebrations he would arrange it well to our expectations. People loved him very much because he was very kind to many people. When I was in grief my relatives supported me with consolations words and friends helped to overcome the financial situation at home. It gave me great hope that showed that they really love for me and my family. Through own suffering and disappointments need to cope up the lives. 

Another incident that shook me very much of my friend and companion priest met with an accident. I could not imagine my own way and unable to accept his demise. He was good friend of me and we used to share lot of things about our spiritual life and other matters. In the last weekend before his death I got opportunity to be with him a day. The last personsaw  as companion and dinner with him. It recalled the event of passion, the last supper with him as Jesus left for crucifixion, he shed blood on the road ways. I cried myself when I lost my friend. He was with great hope of doing different things and led the college to another level but God had taken away in His abode before his dream could be real. My companions brought consolationto me and  comforted myself.

Need time and space to mourn:The loss of loved ones its great pain but god is there for us to console and to comfort us. The pandemic taken away  family members and friends. It’s a sad part of our lives but need to console ourselves and to move forward.

Guidelines for Coping with Grief and Loss
• Accept your feelings and Cry out

• Talk about your loss and be part of the community
• Reflect on your strengths and focus on things within your control

• Know what resources are available and ask for help

 

Fr. Arulkumar

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக

Fifty steps to a happy marriage life

 50 steps to a happy marriage life  Start each day with a kiss. *    Wear your wedding ring at all times. *    Date once a week. *    ...